In 1914, a former chapter of Phi Mu Gamma at Sophie Newcomb College was absorbed into Kappa Alpha Theta — becoming the Alpha Phi Chapter. This three-year old group in New Orleans, Louisiana, was the seventh national Greek organization on the Newcomb/Tulane campus. When installed, Alpha Phi became Theta’s third chapter in a Southern state.
The initiation of the charter members of Alpha Phi took place at the home of Mrs. Constance Addington Davenport. Here the thirteen alumnae and active members became the charter members of Alpha Phi chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta.